The New SCOPIA Video Gateway for Microsoft Lync extends the reach of Lync providing connectivity and interoperability with standards-based video conferencing and telepresence systems. The SCOPIA Video Gateway allows customers to realize the benefits of Lync in conjunction with their existing deployments of room-based Video Conference Systems and new visual communication solutions such as telepresence and video on mobile devices.
The SCOPIA Video Gateway is a result of RADVISION working with Microsoft to develop video conferencing solutions with Microsoft Lync. It is based on a newly developed architectural platform designed to meet the scalability and affordability requirements of the UC market.
Extends Microsoft Lync & Office Communicator to Video Conferencing Systems
The SCOPIA Video Gateway for Microsoft Lync provides Lync and Office Communicator users the ability to seamlessly connect to any standards-based HD video conferencing system, telepresence system or infrastructure device. Through the SCOPIA Video Gateway, users can merge their choice of conferencing systems with the simplicity of Lync and Office Communicator at the desktop.
Enhanced Video Experience with Lunc’s Familiar Interface
Lync users can enjoy exceptional high quality video, continuous presence to view multiple users simultaneously and telepresence connectivity without compromising their familiar Lync experience. Robust enterprise security is also maintained through TLS and SRTP, while also providing firewall traversal for seamless connectivity across corporate boundaries.
Universal Endpoint Presence
Presence is displayed in the Lync contact list for any H.323 device, not just Lync enabled devices, allowing users to make smart and efficient communication choices directly from Lync.
Users realise the benefits and simplicity of Lync at the desktop in conjunction with their current investments in video conferencing systems and infrastructure. IT managers can have confidence that their existing systems and new investments in video communications will interoperate within the UC environment.
Scalable and Affordable Architecture
The RADVISION SCOPIA Video Gateway is based on a new architecture designed for cost effective and high-scale deployment. The Video Gateway is designed to grow with deployment requirements from a small workgroup to an entire enterprise with unlimited scalability and dynamic resource allocation.
• Up to 10 HD 720p / 20 VGA / 40 CIF calls in any
combination on a single Gateway
• Unlimited scalability with multiple Gateways
• H.323, H.320 (through SCOPIA Gateway)
• Bit rate: up to 1.5Mbps per call
• Codecs: Microsoft RTVideo, H.263, H.264
• Video resolutions for Microsoft Lync: CIF, VGA,
• Microsoft RTVideo HD transcoding
• Codecs: G.711, G.722, G722.1
• In-band to out-of-band translation
• Microsoft A/V Edge integration
• H.460.18, H.460.19 (through SCOPIA PathFinder)
• Web-based administration and configuration
• RJ-45, dual gigabit Ethernet
• RJ-45 serial port connector
• 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz auto-switched
• Height: 43mm (1.7”)
• Width: 430mm (16.9”)
• Depth: 690mm (27.2”)
• Weight: 15.4kg (34lb)
• 19-inch rack-mountable with flanges
• Operating temperature: 10° to 35°C
(50° to 95°F)
• Storage temperature: –40° to 70°C
(–40° to 158°F)
• Relative storage humidity: 90% non-condensing